After nearly five years, we are losing a valuable team member here at the Shop and he will be deeply missed! So, we are looking to hire a new Assistant Manager to join the team here at our family-owned neighborhood bottle shop. The Crystal City Wine Shop has been in National Landing, as the area is now known, for roughly a decade and in our current location for about eight years. We have a small team of employees that serve a community of regulars, delivery customers, community clients, and corporate customers with the belief that the right beverage can make any situation better!
The Assistant Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Customer service, merchandising, & training of part-time staff;
- Assisting customers with wine/beer/cider selection, including operation of Tasting Bars;
- Inventory management, with particular emphasis on Receiving;
- Packing of delivery orders and management of outgoing/returned orders;
- Assisting with Special Orders & Corporate Orders;
- Assisting the Owner/GM in ordering/product selection;
- Assisting with monthly reporting to meet corporate and VA ABC requirements;
- Filing, cleaning, Shop upkeep, and basic office tasks;
- And the basic operation of the Shop in the absence of the Owner/GM
We have a few qualifications for our Assistant Manager:
- Wine/beer knowledge, enthusiasm for the subject, and a willingness to learn!
- Ability to lift/carry 40 lbs (a single case of wine or beer) repeatedly.
- Self-motivated, can multi-task, be creative and work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends. (See note below for more information about the schedule for this position.)
- Smartphone/Internet access.
This position is a 40-hour per week position that is currently scheduled on a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. This schedule is negotiable. Salary based on experience. Additionally, you will be able to purchase wine, beer, cider, and food at a nominal percentage above wholesale costs for your own use.
Please apply using the form below: